All National Heart and Heart and Lung Transplant Associations in Europe may become members of the EHLTF provided they have statutes, rules and aims similar to those of the Federation and that they represent at least 15 members who have undergone cardiothoracic Transplantation.
Only one Association per country can be accepted as a member of the Federation.
At this time the EHLTF represents over 15,000 transplant recipients and their families from 23 affiliated National Associations.
The current membership fee is €400 per annum.
Increasing our membership!
We are currently working on increasing our membership and wish to embrace emerging Eastern European, Balkan and other countries who are not yet members of the EHLTF to offer help, information and assistance to their Patient organisations.
Provisional EHLTF Members
Following detailed discussions the MC decided to create an EHLTF "provisional membership" category enabling the use of the Federations name in pursuit of support and in representation to National governments or health authorities towards the establishment of patient support organisation.
The terms of a "provisional membership" are:
- No payments of membership fees to the EHLTF,
- Participation in the EHLTF General Assembly without having a vote,
- Entitlement to receive all correspondence sent to National Associations,
- Entitlement to refer to the COOPERATION with the EHLTF in fundraising efforts and other activities,
- No action on behalf of the EHLTF and no fundraising in the name of the EHLTF.
How can your Association or Patient support group become a member of the EHLTF?
The best way is to contact our Chairman or one of the other members of our Executive Committee. You can find the contact details here ➜