CoVid-19 and its effects on transplanted people
In the meantime, the Corona Pandemic has spread to almost every country in the world. Heart and lung transplant patients belong to the high risk group.
The following protective measures are recommended:
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly, especially after going to the toilet, before eating and other activities
- Hygiene when coughing and sneezing
- Observance of barrier measures (at least 2 m distance from other people etc.)
- Toilet hygiene
- special kitchen and food hygiene
- Household hygiene
- hygienic handling of animals
- hands desinfection
- Stay home as much as you can.
- In particular, avoid personal encounters with elderly or chronically ill people for their protection. Instead, make more use of communication by telephone, e-mail, chats, etc.
- Ventilate all rooms regularly and avoid touching them, such as shaking hands or hugging.
- If a person in your household is ill, if possible ensure that there is a physical separation and sufficient distance from the other persons living in the household.
- Go shopping as rarely as possible or ask neighbours and acquaintances to do so for you. Alternatively, you can also use the pick-up and delivery services.
- If you go for a walk or exercise (e.g. jogging) outside, keep a safe distance
A lot of information you find on this website from Germany ➜ from our german member HLTX e.V. Leipzig (also available in english). If you have any additional info please feel free to send informations.